Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Bob Otterberg <bo...@finetix.com> on 2003/04/28 15:02:28 UTC

Checkout problems with CVS

I tried to do a clean checkout of jakarta-poi from CVS and I'm running into
a problem.  The command I used was:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout jakarta-poi

The error message is:

cvs checkout: in directory jakarta-poi:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot write <CVS/Template file>: No such file or
directory

I'm able to checkout other modules within CVS.  Any ideas???

Bob

Re: Checkout problems with CVS

Posted by Bob Otterberg <bo...@finetix.com>.
It cleared up about 11:30 am EDT.  Don't know if it was me or not.  Finally
deleted everything and then it worked.

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Seems to be working for me... maybe it was a temporary thing.

-- Glen

At 11:02 PM 28/04/2003, you wrote:
>I tried to do a clean checkout of jakarta-poi from CVS and I'm running into
>a problem.  The command I used was:
>
>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout jakarta-poi
>
>The error message is:
>
>cvs checkout: in directory jakarta-poi:
>cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
>cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot write <CVS/Template file>: No such file or
>directory
>
>I'm able to checkout other modules within CVS.  Any ideas???
>
>Bob

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au