Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Klaus Keppler <kl...@informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de> on 2004/08/28 15:36:57 UTC

WIN32: problem with win32ver.awk / apr_version.h

One more (little) problem:

on WIN32, the "apr.rc" file is generated using win32ver.awk.

But the resulting apr.rc is corrupt (lines 2 and 3):
---snip---
  FILEVERSION 1,0,0,
  PRODUCTVERSION 1,0,0,
---snip---

The trailing 'comma' is not allowed - something like
'0' or '100' should follow (-> win32.awk)

The error seems to be in include/apr_version.h - there's
neither a "#define APR_IS_DEV_VERSION" nor #undef ...

I didn't write a patch, since adding a line like
---snip---
#define APR_IS_DEV_VERSION
---snip---

to include/apr_version.h should be easly done with vi. ;-)

Klaus

Re: WIN32: problem with win32ver.awk / apr_version.h

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
The normal way to have done this would have been to use

#undef APR_IS_DEV_VERSION

instead of removing the #define entirely.  David, I didn't see this as a
problem when I built the RC on windows, but you might consider fixing it
prior to the final roll.

--Cliff