Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2007/02/22 05:42:41 UTC

You need to compile Synapse with JDK 1.5 - but Synapse will still run on 1.4

Hi all

I am in the process of making the changes for NIO SSL support, and thus
we now need to build Synapse using JDK 1.5. This is due to the
dependency on the SSLEngine class which is only available from 1.5 onwards.

However, the Maven2 build is set to compile our code for 1.4, and thus
Synapse will continue to run as usual on JDK 1.4 - if you are not using
the NIO SSL transport.

If the Synapse build complains that it cannot get the niossl JAR file
even from an online build, please force Maven2 to refresh using the "-U"
option

asankha