Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2015/01/13 08:36:41 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 RC1

(+ users)

Hi everyone,

David has started the voting process for 4.5.0 candidate, please help test this candidate.
In case you’re unable to build from source, you may use following repository built from SHA 8db3cbd4ff62b17a8b496026b68cf60ee0c76740:

DEB: http://packages.bhaisaab.org/cloudstack/testing/debian/4.5/
RPM: http://packages.bhaisaab.org/cloudstack/testing/centos/4.5/
SystemVM Templates: http://packages.shapeblue.com/systemvmtemplate/4.5/4.5.0

> On 13-Jan-2015, at 4:46 am, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I've created a 4.5.0 release candidate, with the following artifacts
> up for a vote:
>
> Git Branch and Commit SH:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/4.5-RC20150112T2256;hb=4.5-RC20150112T2256
> Commit: 8db3cbd4ff62b17a8b496026b68cf60ee0c76740
>
> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
> location):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.5.0-rc1/
>
> PGP release keys (signed using 6FE50F1C):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>
> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>
> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
> indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 RC1

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
+1 (binding)

Brought up a basic zone using devcloud4(Centos 6and XenServer
6.2.0-70446c), everything worked without issue system vms came up and
their agent connected.

Added Nux's macchinina distribution as a template.
Added Ubuntu as a template. (Loved the HVM checkbox addition to the UI).

Successfully brought up a VM both based on both the templates.
Password retrieval worked, root resize worked.

Brought up a web server on one of the VMs and opened a security group
rule. The rule applied successfully.

Brought up an advanced zone again using devcloud4 so centos 6 and
XenServer 6.2.0-70446c. Just like with the 4.4 release marvin fails to
set the traffic tags for the public/management/storage/guest networks.
I skipped over this small detail and set them manually.

After this everything was fine, added a machine based on Nux's
macchinina template, password retrieval worked. Brought up a web
server on it, did nat forwarding. All worked without issue.

Great work on this release folks!

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Daan:

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Daan:

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Adrian,

On Wednesday 14 January 2015 10:52 PM, Adrian Lewis wrote:
> Rohit,
>
> I don’t suppose you will be creating the el7 packages as well will you?

FYI, the infra to build EL7 packages is in place now. The latest 4.5
(SNAPSHOT) EL7 packages are here -
http://packages.bhaisaab.org/cloudstack/testing/centos7/4.5

You may test that and let me know if they work/fail for you.

Regards.

> Adrian

PS. If you see any footer below, I did not add it :)

Posted by Adrian Lewis <ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>.
Thanks!

I'll be creating CentOS7 packages soon, for that I need to procure and setup
a RHEL/CentOS7 machine. I'll try to do that this weekend and will share them
next week.

On Wednesday 14 January 2015 10:52 PM, Adrian Lewis wrote:
> Rohit,
>
> I don’t suppose you will be creating the el7 packages as well will you?
>
> Adrian

Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab PS. If you see any footer below, I
did not add it :) Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Adrian,

Posted by Adrian Lewis <ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>.
Rohit,