Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@fcc.ro> on 2005/03/04 13:57:59 UTC

segmentation fault

Hi,

I am using a very simple program which gets some data from a MySQL table,
prints a form and that data.

The server is:
Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) PHP/5.0.2 mod_perl/1.99_19 Perl/v5.8.4 Server at
10.50.28.50 Port 80

Sometimes the program works fine, but very often it gives a 404 Not Found
error.

I have taken a look in the logs, and I have seen the following error, with
no other errors that should tell me more:
[Fri Mar 04 14:41:24 2005] [notice] child pid 4368 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

My program is not very big, and it uses the CGI and DBI modules directly,
without other modules.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

I remember that when I have installed mod_perl, I couldn't install it using
"make test" because it gave me some errors, so I have used just "make
install".
It gave me some errors that time that I couldn't understand at all and
didn't know what to do to solve them...

Thank you.

Teddy

Re: segmentation fault

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a very simple program which gets some data from a MySQL table,
> prints a form and that data.
>
> The server is:
> Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) PHP/5.0.2 mod_perl/1.99_19 Perl/v5.8.4 Server at
> 10.50.28.50 Port 80
>
> Sometimes the program works fine, but very often it gives a 404 Not Found
> error.
>
> I have taken a look in the logs, and I have seen the following error, with
> no other errors that should tell me more:
> [Fri Mar 04 14:41:24 2005] [notice] child pid 4368 exit signal Segmentation
> fault (11)
>
> My program is not very big, and it uses the CGI and DBI
> modules directly, without other modules.
>
> Do you have any idea what could be the problem?
>
> I remember that when I have installed mod_perl, I couldn't
> install it using "make test" because it gave me some
> errors, so I have used just "make install". It gave me
> some errors that time that I couldn't understand at all
> and didn't know what to do to solve them...

It's hard to tell what the problem might be without more
details (version information of mod_perl, Apache, and Perl),
as well as a minimal script illustrating the problem.
However, it's probably best to first look at the "make test"
problems, as they might be related. Such problems can be
reported according to the guidelines at
  http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html
which will include information on your setup that will
help in examining this.

--
best regards,
randy kobes

Re: segmentation fault

Posted by Ian Joyce <ia...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:57:59 +0200, Octavian Rasnita <or...@fcc.ro> wrote:

[snip]

> I remember that when I have installed mod_perl, I couldn't install it using
> "make test" because it gave me some errors, so I have used just "make
> install".
> It gave me some errors that time that I couldn't understand at all and
> didn't know what to do to solve them...

If make test failed then something is wrong. See the link and repost.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#_C_make_test___Failures

--Ian