Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/12 22:11:31 UTC

Hamletic doubt, about build system and AFL

Hey, I'm to release the first set of packages, of jfly project a framework
for developing business applications.

I've seen that maven2 seems promising, but I'm not very comfortable with it,
since I'm used to ant.
What is your suggesition (vote) keep with ant, or implement a build system
with maven (it will slow the delivery process)

Second point - (legal):
The project will be released under AFL2,
on apache.org it's written to include into files the comment string

Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner] Licensed under the Apache
License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in
compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law
or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is
distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language
governing permissions and limitations under the License.

and to replace names inside the [].
I've seen that in Tapestry are

Copyright 2004,2005  The Apache Software Foundation.

Should my notation be the same ?

Thx,
kiuma

Re: Hamletic doubt, about build system and AFL

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
 >Ivy is a dependency manager like a part of maven. It is compatible with the maven repository. you integrate it with ant. The advantage is that you retain the
>raw power of the mass of the ant tasks out there. Although maven2 is capable of handling ant tasks as well only not as direct. Further you do not have to
>store your dependencies localy but let ivy retrieve them. Like maven

 In my experience with any kind of non trivial build steps it is easier to call Ant
from Maven and do suff in Ant than write Maven plugin, and since my
builds usually have few non-trivial steps I found it easier to stick
with
Ant for everything. Especially now when Ant supports 'import'.

I feel that Maven is 'wizardish' in Microsoft style: it makes simple things
even simpler and hard thinds much harder.

Re: Hamletic doubt, about build system and AFL

Posted by Rolf Strijdhorst <ro...@gmail.com>.

http://www.jayasoft.org/ivy

Posted by Aleksej <al...@ivs.lt>.

Posted by Rolf Strijdhorst <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aleksej <al...@ivs.lt>.

Posted by Rolf Strijdhorst <ro...@gmail.com>.
Sorry to mention it. no matter what Hani has to say about mergere I would go

Posted by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.

Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com> wrote: Hey, I'm to release the first set of packages, of jfly project a framework for developing business applications.