Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Tom Maszerowski <to...@frontiernet.net> on 2021/12/03 11:50:00 UTC

Opening older C/C++ projects in NB 12.4

I just took the plunge and upgraded from NB 11 to 12. When I try to open C/C++ projects that worked fine in NB 11 nothing happens. There’s no error, NB just doesn’t do anything. Has the project format changed? Do I need to re-create the projects from scratch? It’s obviously not the end of the world but I’ve got a bunch of projects and would rather not build them all again.

Thanks,

Tom.

Tom Maszerowski
tommasz@frontiernet.net

Re: Opening older C/C++ projects in NB 12.4

Posted by Tom Maszerowski <to...@frontiernet.net>.
Unfortunately, no. I uninstalled the old C/C++ plugin and installed C/C++ version 1.4 with no change.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
You need to run on JDK 8 to install the plugin, after that use a later JDK
if you like.

Gj

Posted by slipbits <sl...@slipbits.com>.

Posted by Tom Maszerowski <to...@frontiernet.net>.