Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/23 14:47:39 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Ampersand extends to the left part of regexes with RewriteRule, RedirectMatch and SetEnvIf: is that expected?

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> wrote:
> Rich Bowen wrote:
>
>>> If I file an issue on Apache's Bugzilla, will this be considered a bug?
>>
>> Please do submit it, but perhaps as a documentation bug? I'll try to
>> remember to add a mention of this to the documentation, but a bugzilla
>> ticket will help us remember.
>
> Is this really an Apache docs issue?  It's down to the regexp library,
> so surely the correct documentation for httpd is a reference to PCRE
> (or Perl regexp) documentation?

Searching for this old thread, missed your followup niq.  httpd was
stepping in the way and treating & as an alias for \0/$0 (entire
match):

There was some confusion ITT that Rewrite and mod_alias directives
were behaving the same way that I think was cleared up elsewhere.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com