Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net> on 2008/03/07 09:26:03 UTC

Re: Eclipse and Felix

On 29/02/2008, Felix.Hallmann@tietoenator.com <
Felix.Hallmann@tietoenator.com> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> Please give me some starting points for using Eclipse for
> Felix(OSGi)-Bundle development.
> I've tried Steve Mitchell's tutorial on Byteworks but had no success.
> I also installed Pax Cursor for deployment.

if you want to use Maven and Eclipse to develop bundles
there's some information in the maven-bundle-plugin docs:

   http://felix.apache.org/site/maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html

just search for the section called "Eclipse/PDE integration"
- there's also some details in the mail archives, such as:

   http://www.nabble.com/Maven-Bundle-%2B-Eclipse-RCP-td15165769.html

but you can always just use Eclipse/PDE directly without
needing Maven - just create a new "plug-in" project, which
is what Eclipse calls bundles, and start hacking away...

as long as your Eclipse plug-in / bundle uses standard
OSGi headers and features, it should work fine with Felix
( although at the moment fragments aren't supported )

I'm currently using eclipse-3.3.1 with most recent updates and
> felix-1.0.3.
>
> Thanks
>
> Felix

Cheers, Stuart