Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tarunk <ta...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/20 08:50:22 UTC

JVM crashed with SIGSEGV with stack trace to OptimizedObjectOutputStream.writeObject

Hi All,

In our 12 nodes ignite cluster one of the node jvm get crashes sometimes
with below error.
Is this some know issue with Ignite ? or some other memory/jvm issue.
We are using openjdk 1.8 ("1.8.0_232") provided by RedHat.

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fef7f1d3eb0, pid=42623, tid=0x00007feea62c8700
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (8.0_222-b10) (build
1.8.0_222-b10)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (25.222-b10 mixed mode linux-amd64
compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# J 62683 C2
org.apache.ignite.internal.marshaller.optimized.OptimizedObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Ljava/lang/Object;)V
(331 bytes) @ 0x00007fef7f1d3eb0 [0x00007fef7f1d3e00+0xb0]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core
dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again

Re: JVM crashed with SIGSEGV with stack trace to OptimizedObjectOutputStream.writeObject

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I don't think I ever saw this issue happening with 2.7.0 users.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

We are using Unsafe API in this method, which may lead to JVM crashes not
caused by any bugs in JVM.

However, in this case I don't see any other reports about JVM crash in this
method. What specific version of Ignite are you using? Have you tried using
different HotSpot compiler, such as client vs. server? Have you considered
upgrading to Java 11?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

If it's always the same physical machine, I would check hardware and/or OS.

I don't remember seeing this exception and I don't see why you would only
see it on 1 node.

Ilya Kasnacheev