Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Eric Klassen <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/13 18:31:21 UTC

Importing pics to text on openoffice 3.4

When I import a pic into my text on 3.4, I am unable to move it around, or
to WRAP my text around the pic.  My previous version of openoffice gave me
a lot of flxibility when integrating pics with text.  I tried the forum
without success.  When I click on ANCHOR, the options are all grayed out;
when I click on WRAP, all options are grayed out except EDIT Contour.
Do you have any resolution to this problem.

Re: Importing pics to text on openoffice 3.4

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Eric Klassen <er...@gmail.com>wrote:

> When I import a pic into my text on 3.4, I am unable to move it around, or
> to WRAP my text around the pic.  My previous version of openoffice gave me
> a lot of flxibility when integrating pics with text.  I tried the forum
> without success.  When I click on ANCHOR, the options are all grayed out;
> when I click on WRAP, all options are grayed out except EDIT Contour.
> Do you have any resolution to this problem.

Ok just saw your question on the forum. So just to understand what you have
done:
1) Go Insert -> Image -> From file...   select the image an image and want
to align it, correct?

Is this image on the page header by any chance?

Right clicking on the image will show you the Picture dialog box, on the
Anchor section it will list you different options:
1) To Page
2) To Paragraph
3) To Character
4) As character

This will help you arange your image more precise according to your needs.
When you find the closest please use the Position criteria to adjust it in
relation with the other objects of the document, like text, other images,
or page.

Here is more information on how to work yourself around the document.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Writer_Guide/Arranging_anchoring_aligning

Here is another tutorial:
http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/2009/01/how-to-insert-graphics-in-openoffice-writer-that-are-reasonably-manageable.html