Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/07/27 14:34:56 UTC

How to check if available java version is higher equal than a required java version?

Assume I have a build.xml which contains some java tasks (javac, jar,...)

I would like to make sure that the Java installation which is used to compile the source code is higher equal
than e.g. JAVA SE 1.5.03.

How can I specify this version requirement (and an appropriate error message) in a build.xml script?

Ben

RE: How to check if available java version is higher equal than a required java version?

Posted by "Moore, Kent" <Ke...@fisglobal.com>.
Another option is to add a routine like this to the init target -

    <!-- check for java version and fail build if not the correct version -->
    <echo message="Java Version: ${java.version}"/>
    <echo message="Java home: ${java.home}"/>
    <fail message="Unsupported Java version: ${java.version}. Make sure that the version of the Java compiler is 1.5 (5.0) or greater.">
        <condition>
            <not>
                <or>
                    <contains string="${java.version}" substring="1.5" casesensitive="false" />
                    <contains string="${java.version}" substring="1.6" casesensitive="false" />
                </or>
            </not>
        </condition>
    </fail>

Check for Classes which are new in that specific JDK.
    <available property="jdk1.5+" classname="java.net.Proxy"/>
    <available property="jdk1.6+" classname="java.util.ServiceLoader"/>
    <fail message="Require JDK 1.5 or higher" unless="jdk1.5+"/>

Jan

AW: How to check if available java version is higher equal than a required java version?

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.