Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Cheshire <cc...@bigredwire.com> on 2003/04/29 01:51:14 UTC

session tracking for entire context

Hi,

I notice that the Manager app with tomcat has the ability to serialize
all session information when a session is reloaded. How does it obtain
information about all the current sessions?

I need access to all the sessions in my context because of some
functionality I need to implement - if a user is logged in, and an admin
deletes that user, then the session should be invalidated.

I thought of implementing an HttpSessionListener, but I saw the recent
discussion about the HttpSessionListener.sessionDestroyed() firing after
the session has been destroyed. If this is the case, then you wouldn't
know what session was actually destroyed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to go about watching
all the sessions come and go so I can search them for the appropriate
user information if necessary.

Thanks

Chris