Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/07 23:18:02 UTC

[VOTE][RUST][DataFusion] Release Apache Arrow DataFusion 16.0.0 RC1

Hi,

I would like to propose a release of Apache Arrow DataFusion Implementation,
version 16.0.0.

This release candidate is based on commit:
dcd52ee3d87c4dd9e2c176165e9e20644f66988b [1]
The proposed release tarball and signatures are hosted at [2].
The changelog is located at [3].

Please download, verify checksums and signatures, run the unit tests, and
vote
on the release. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but all members of the community
are
encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

The standard verification procedure is documented at
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/blob/master/dev/release/README.md#verifying-release-candidates
.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Arrow DataFusion 16.0.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Arrow DataFusion 16.0.0 because...

Here is my vote:

+1

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/tree/dcd52ee3d87c4dd9e2c176165e9e20644f66988b
[2]:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-datafusion-16.0.0-rc1
[3]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/blob/dcd52ee3d87c4dd9e2c176165e9e20644f66988b/CHANGELOG.md

Re: [VOTE][RUST][DataFusion] Release Apache Arrow DataFusion 16.0.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.
I saw that a PR related to this issue was merged, but the issue is still
open. I added a comment on the issue asking whether this issue is resolved.

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.

Posted by Patrick Horan <pa...@fastmail.com>.
+1 verified on Mac M1

Posted by Ian Joiner <ia...@gmail.com>.