Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net> on 2007/05/08 01:54:13 UTC

Correct usage of datetimepicker?

I'm a bit unsure about a few things around datetimepicker.

What type should the fields in my action class be? I am currently using
java.util.Date, it works fine for request_locale=de_DE but I get a
"Invalid field value for field ..." error for request_locale=en_UK and
the date redisplayed is "NaN.NaN.aN". I don't quite understand this,
because the API doc says: "The value sent to the server is typically a
locale-independent value in a hidden field as defined by the name
attribute" - but it seems the locale matters anyway?

What also confuses me, is the displayFormat attribute. If I set it to
e.g. "yyyy-MM-dd", I always get the "Invalid field value for field ..."
error, regardless of the request_locale.
I am also a bit unsure about the format and saveFormat attributes. I
played with them, but they did not seem to make any difference.

I also wonder how to handle the situation where a user has Javascript
disabled, in which case the date field + icon are not shown at all.

I am using Struts2 2.0.6.

Torsten

Re: Correct usage of datetimepicker?

Posted by MyAshok <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am also facing the problem of invalid field value. I didnt give any
validation for the datetimepicker but it validate itself and give this field
error. Pls help asap.

With Regards,
Ashok

Posted by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net>.