Posted to user@struts.apache.org by yakup aksu <ya...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/07/16 15:39:23 UTC

Tiles with definition

Hi,

i m new to tiles and J2EE and i got trouble using Definitions in tiles.
I changed everything concerning component to tiles as described in the Tiles tutorial.

Should one's override the /WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xm /WEB-INF/Mytiles-defs.xm ?

Anyway i tried both solution and nothing to do, i got all the time the same exception.

javax.servlet.ServletException: Can't get definitions factory from context.
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:533)
at org.apache.jsp.pageDefinition_jsp._jspService(pageDefinition_jsp.java:59)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)

Is it a struts installation problem ?

Yakup AKSU

---------------------------------
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

RE: Tiles with definition

Posted by yakup aksu <ya...@yahoo.fr>.
i fixed the trouble.
Actually, you have a lot of thing to do that i had missed.

Instantiate the right ActionXXXServlet and the right DefinitionFactory with parameters.

There is a wab.xml file in which it is explained if you download tutorial with src at Cedric DUMOULIN web site.

Fahd Ahmed <fa...@imagem.cc> wrote:
I got this error when my xml syntax was not correct in my definitions-config
file. Check your xmls. I dont think its a struts installation problem.

-Fahd

RE: Tiles with definition

Posted by Fahd Ahmed <fa...@imagem.cc>.