Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by "Ganelin, Ilya" <Il...@capitalone.com> on 2017/03/03 19:37:59 UTC

FailoverProxyProvider Error on Launch

Hi, all – my application submits to the gateway, is accepted, but then fails with:

017-03-03 14:30:50,505 INFO org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService: Service com.datatorrent.stram.StreamingAppMasterService failed in state INITED; cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at org.apache.hadoop.fs.AbstractFileSystem.newInstance(AbstractFileSystem.java:129)
            at org.apache.hadoop.fs.AbstractFileSystem.createFileSystem(AbstractFileSystem.java:155)
            at org.apache.hadoop.fs.AbstractFileSystem.get(AbstractFileSystem.java:240)
            at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileContext$2.run(FileContext.java:332)
….

Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.ConfiguredFailoverProxyProvider.getProxy()Ljava/lang/Object;
            at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.<init>(RetryInvocationHandler.java:73)
            at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.<init>(RetryInvocationHandler.java:64)
            at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryProxy.create(RetryProxy.java:58)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.NameNodeProxies.createProxy(NameNodeProxies.java:181)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:708)
            at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:651)
            at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Hdfs.<init>(Hdfs.java:90)
            ... 47 more

This seems related to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38262064/exception-while-running-spark-submit-on-hadoop-cluster-with-highavailability

But I don’t know how this applies in the current situation. Wouldn’t DT retrieve the core-site/hdfs-site from the Hadoop path we provide when setting up the gateway?

Our cluster is now deployed as an HA cluster, which wasn’t the case the last time we ran Apex.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Ilya Ganelin
[id:image001.png@01D1F7A4.F3D42980]

Re: FailoverProxyProvider Error on Launch

Posted by "Ganelin, Ilya" <Il...@capitalone.com>.
Thanks, that resolved that issue

From: Vlad Rozov <v....@datatorrent.com>
Date: Friday, March 3, 2017 at 1:37 PM
To: "dev@apex.apache.org" <de...@apex.apache.org>
Subject: Re: FailoverProxyProvider Error on Launch

Please check that your application package does not include hadoop jars.
Thank you,

Vlad

Join us at Apex Big Data World-San Jose<http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose.html>, April 4, 2017
[ttp://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose-register.html]<http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose-register.html>

[cid:image001.png@01D29412.9BE935C0]

Re: FailoverProxyProvider Error on Launch

Posted by Vlad Rozov <v....@datatorrent.com>.