Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/05 01:32:01 UTC

ActiveMQ-CPP Version 2.2 RC1

Hey everyone,
It's official ... ActiveMQ-CPP v2.2 now has a release candidate, RC1.
We've also found and fixed numerous bugs along the way.  I've created a
download page here:
http://activemq.apache.org/cms/activemq-cpp-22-release.html
... Feel free to give it a test drive!  The more eyes we have on this
now the less chance there are that small issues will slip through into
the final release.

The links on this page won't work until the release is official.  For
now, follow the instructions at the top to download the release
candidate:
http://people.apache.org/~tabish/activemq-cpp-2.2-RC1-src.tar.gz

Of note is that this upcoming release will now require that you have the
APR and APR-util libraries installed.  See the README for more info.

Thanks to everyone that helped get this out the door!

Regards,
Tim

Re: ActiveMQ-CPP Version 2.2 RC1

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
Just ran against v5.1.0 of the broker and the durable tests run fine,
so I think we can ignore my problems last night against v5.0.0.

You're right, the release notes were there - apologies!

So I think the only real problems are the failed unit tests - I'll
cook up an issue to document it.

Nate

Re: ActiveMQ-CPP Version 2.2 RC1

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
Can you capture your thoughts in a JIRA issue, I will be away for a
couple days and need the reminder when I get back.

Some Comments in-line:

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 21:09 -0700, Nathan Mittler wrote:
> Awesome job getting this out, Tim!
>
> I checked out the tag on OS X and built and ran the unit tests.
> Everything builds cleanly, but I did notice a couple of failed unit
> tests (both in MathTest):
>
> 1) test: decaf::lang::MathTest::test_hypot_DD (F) line: 262 decaf/lang/
> MathTest.cpp
> equality assertion failed
> - Expected: 1.79769313486232e+308
> - Actual  : inf
> - Should return 1.7976931348623157E308

Not sure on this one, lets just comment it out since we aren't using it
anywhere yet.

> 2) test: decaf::lang::MathTest::test_tanD (F) line: 567 decaf/lang/
> MathTest.cpp
> equality assertion failed
> - Expected: 1.5574077246549
> - Actual  : 1.5574077246549
> - Incorrect answer

Should be easy to fix.

> Generally, these are just bothersome errors that probably don't need a
> lot of attention.  The second one seems to just be an error in some
> far off decimal place.  We can take care of that by just multiplying
> the values and casting to long before comparing.  The first is a
> little trickier - I'm not sure what the fix is.  Perhaps an temporary
> solution is to just #ifdef it out for OS X?
>
> Integration tests still fail in the openwire durable test.  I didn't
> check to see if this issue was resolved or not for the release, but
> perhaps it was pushed out.

This was fixed, at least it now works on all the platforms that I can
test on.  The issue being that the RemoveSubscriptionInfo message that
was generated did not have a command ID properly set by the openwire
generator tool.  I fixed it by hand since I can't get the generator to
work anymore, so it should work for you.  If you are sure you ran the
right executable then you may have to debug a bit to see what is
breaking on OS/X since I don't ever see a failure on that test anymore.
What version of the broker are you running?

> Also the release will need a RELEASE_NOTES.txt file in the top-level
> directory.

As far as I can tell there is a RELEASE_NOTES.txt in there, what am I
missing?

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.