Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Albretch Mueller <lb...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/16 19:40:17 UTC

stackoverflow returns 0 hits when you try the topics [apache-httpcomponents] [javascript] . . .

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/apache-httpcomponents+javascript
Perhaps, partially the reason why people are not even trying is
because there is Selenium for that, but has anyone tried running HC
within the GRAALVM which has a full capable JS engine within?
 The JS engine is included within GRAALVM it is not an HC feature per
se, but how could downloading html pages and processing js not be
related?
 lbrtchx

Re: stackoverflow returns 0 hits when you try the topics [apache-httpcomponents] [javascript] . . .

Posted by Albretch Mueller <lb...@gmail.com>.
On 2/16/23, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> I am not aware of any high profile project using HttpCore on JVM
> either. After so many years HttpComponents is still mainly seen by the
> world as a HttpClient only project.

 As you may have heard from one of those folks mouthing higher
sounding one liners: "history is no proof of the possibilities the
future might bring" --Laozi

Re: stackoverflow returns 0 hits when you try the topics [apache-httpcomponents] [javascript] . . .

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2023-02-16 at 22:17 +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  at least such "examples" would invite people into working with HC
> within the GraalVM
>  lbrtchx

I am not aware of any high profile project using HttpCore on JVM
either. After so many years HttpComponents is still mainly seen by the
world as a HttpClient only project.

Oleg

Re: stackoverflow returns 0 hits when you try the topics [apache-httpcomponents] [javascript] . . .

Posted by Albretch Mueller <lb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Albretch Mueller <lb...@gmail.com>.
On 2/16/23, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> There is apparently a misunderstanding. HttpCore is a JRE library. It
> does not support or can be used with javascript or javascript VMs.

 I am not asking for HC to support javascript. What I found quite a
bit weird is that apparently no one is running HC within the GraalVM
ecosystem to process the JS in pages downloaded using HC.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.