Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/25 22:57:40 UTC

Kafka Meetup hosted by Confluent at San Francisco, Tuesday 6:30pm, October 1st, 2019

Hello folks,

This is a kind reminder of the Bay Area Kafka® meetup next Tuesday 6:30pm,
at Confluent's San Francisco office.

*RSVP and Register* (if you intend to attend in person):
https://www.meetup.com/KafkaBayArea/events/264562779/

*Date*
6:30pm, Tuesday, October 1st, 2019

*Location*
Confluent SF Office - 524 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA

*Note*
Please note that this event is NOT hosted in Confluent's Palo Alto HQ, but
in the SF office.
For those who are going to attend the *Kafka Summit San Francisco* next
week, this meetup would be held on the second night of the conference,
about one and half hours after the last talk. It's about 15min walking
distance from the Kafka Summit venue.

*Agenda*
6:30pm - 7:00pm: Entry, Networking, Pizza and Drinks
7:00pm - 7:40pm: How to Build a Cloud (Frank Greco, Confluent)
7:40pm - 8:20pm: Run Kafka Streams beyond Kafka (Lei Chen, Bloomberg)
8:20pm - 9:00pm: Apache Kafka at Airbnb (Qianqian Zhong, Xu Zhang, & Zuofei
Wang, Airbnb)
9:00pm - 9:30pm: More Q&A and Networking

Since this is the first time we would have the meetup event in Confluent's
SF office which is not fully geared with IT equipment, we will try our best
to record the talks and upload the recordings to youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa7VYi0yPIH3kDYOrar5B26WkslCGfDy_>
after
the event, but we cannot guarantee :) So we'd highly recommend you guys to
come and join us in person.

Hope to see you there!

-- Guozhang