Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Muhammad Faris <mf...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/26 07:24:59 UTC

Cloudstack management server 4.4.0 stops abruptly

Cloudstack management server stops abruptly and displays this error
"

*cloudstack-management dead but pid file existsThe pid file locates at
/var/run/cloudstack-management.pid and lock file at
/var/lock/subsys/cloudstack-management.Starting cloudstack-management will
take care of them or you can manually clean up.*"

I have tried manually removing the pid and the lock files and changing the
permissions of catalina.out too (chmod 777 catalina.out) but still, the
problem persists.
I have tried checking the management-server.log for some warnings too, but
there aren't any. Looks like the daemon /etc/init.d/cloudstack-management
dies abruptly without reporting anything in the management-server.log.

Re: Cloudstack management server 4.4.0 stops abruptly

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Muhammad, Is your amanagement server hostname very long? there is a problem
with that in 4.4.0. You would see an error in the log about decrypting a
database field if this is the problem. Try the upcoming 4.4.1 or step back
to 4.3.1 to solve this.

--
Daan