Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "henry.kim" <he...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/09 12:36:12 UTC

how to delete a zombie table permanently?

hi, hbase users.

I got a problem when I am testing coprocessors which is released at base 0.92.1.

here is the hbase shell outputs

----------------
hbase(main):001:0> truncate 'blog'
Truncating 'blog' table (it may take a while):

ERROR: Unknown table blog!

Here is some help for this command:
  Disables, drops and recreates the specified table.

hbase(main):002:0> list
TABLE
blog
counter
sidx
3 row(s) in 15.3610 seconds
----------------

yes, table 'blog' is a zombie I think.

there was some big stress from coprocessors which is using RegionServerObserver interfaces.

how could I fix this situation?

Re: how to delete a zombie table permanently?

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henry,

I would suggest you to try out 'hbck' utility of Hbase for dealing with
corrupt metadata in HBase. It's pretty effective and clean. If you use that
then you wont have to deal with manual cleanup most of the time.
Run: 'hbase hbck -help' command for more details.

Here is a useful link of HBase wiki:
http://hbase.apache.org/book/hbck.in.depth.html

HTH,
Anil Gupta

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: how to delete a zombie table permanently?

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
You have deleted all the entries...

Only blog under table should have been deleted.

As proposed,  have you tried to restart everything, including zookeeper?

Posted by "GMAIL(henry)" <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Miguel Costa <mi...@telecom.pt>.

Posted by Henry JunYoung KIM <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi, JM.