Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/11 20:00:46 UTC

2.0-M1 configs in the maven snapshot repo

The 2.0-M1 configs published in the snapshot repo don't work with 2.0
any more because of the serialVersionUID added to GOperationInfo in
rev487505.  Looks like the configs were published one day before this
change (just my luck).    As a result, when I try to start a config
imported from the snapshot repo I see :

13:28:12,673 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/servlet-examples-tomcat/2.0-M1-SNAPSHOT/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/servlet-examples-tomcat/2.0-M1-SNAPSHOT/car"
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unable to
deserialize GBeanState
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SerializedGBeanState.loadGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java:120)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SerializedGBeanState.getGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java:65)
[...]
Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException:
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GOperationInfo; local class incompatible:
stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 5185515581104192976, local class
serialVersionUID = -5593225815559931812
        at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:519)
[...]

I think that republishing the configs built from trunk to the snapshot
repo would clear this up.  What's the procedure for doing that?  If
someone wants to handle it then that would be just fine with me :-)
But if I do it myself then are there things I should pay extra
attention to?  I don't want to break anyone's development environment.

Best wishes,
Paul

Re: 2.0-M1 configs in the maven snapshot repo

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
This is done... only took 62 minutes to deploy it all... :-(

--jason

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.