Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kais Pharda - CSCI/P2000 <kp...@scs.ryerson.ca> on 2001/10/10 19:05:20 UTC

cocoon2

Hi,
i installed linux RedHat 7.1, and 6.2
i installed the jdk1.3.1 and tried all versions of jakarta-tomcat
i tried to install the cocoon war packages, i always get the same message
that segmentation fault when i run the ./build.sh command.
i follow the cocoon2 installation properly, and still i get the same
message, what is the reason for that? am i missing any software to
install? i know i have to have X11 library, and i have it. this is
frostrating, i am trying all cocoon2 versions, all tomcat versions, redhat
6.2 and 7.1.

thanks for help, i would REALLY appreciate any help and hint to solve this
problem..

regards

kais pharda,
3rd year computer science student @ ryerson university

Re: cocoon2

Posted by Rod Farmer <ra...@cs.mu.OZ.AU>.
Hi there,
	I got exactly the same problem.  So I changed build.sh to point to ANT_HOME
instead of letting it use the ant build that comes with Cocoon.  THat get's around
the segfault for me but then it causes the program to crash because I think it can't
find xerces or xalan and it says the xslp processor is deprecated???

Anyway, let the games begin.

Rod Farmer
The University of Melbourne

RE: cocoon2

Posted by Karl Oie <ka...@gan.no>.
you got a old glibc, glibc in rh and jdk 1.3.1 have some problems, try jdk
1.3 or the http://www.blackdown.org/ jdk's.

you can also try to increase your stacksize.

mvh karl