Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Jim Bates <jb...@maprtech.com> on 2015/04/15 16:16:44 UTC

Accessing multiple hadoop clusters

I have sued drill to access local files and DFS files in the same query.
Based on that I think the answer is yes but....

Can I use drill to join data across multiple Hadoop clusters? If so, I'm
assuming I would have to have all the drill bits register to the same
zookeeper group so I can find them all.

Anyone done anything like this?

Re: Accessing multiple hadoop clusters

Posted by Jim Bates <jb...@maprtech.com>.
LOL... Thats my best skill... Typos that end up being other words.

Posted by mufy <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Jacques,

It sounds like you are implying that the Drill cluster could span both MapR
clusters.  I think that is true.

But I also think that most practical situations, as well as what Jim was
asking about, is a case which will have all the drillbits in question next
to one cluster and accessing a remote cluster.

That should also work.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.