Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl> on 2004/11/05 14:22:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 - Mod_Bandwidth

Hi guys !

I've just joined the list to let you know, i've ported another module for apache2.
mod_bandwidth is working on apache 2 (no new functions added yet) and mod_virtual_host.

I have it working at my server (local), and it does fine.
If anyone needs to see it running, drop me a message. I can set it up for you to see.

The modules are available at http://ivn.cl/apache . It is listed also on modules.apache.org.

I would like to hear feedback about my work. And if anyone need another module ported, i could give it a try.

Greetings !

Ivan Barrera A. (Bruce)
Ivn Systems/Software

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 - Mod_Bandwidth

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.
I've tested (not to hard) on my webserver, and worked fine... as i'm no longer working as sysadmin.
As far as i've seen, the module is pretty stable, but i cant say it is final.

My previous module (mod_vhost_limit) worked like a charm on a webserver with 5000+ websites.
I had special care on porting the correct functions, and trying every posible thing.

I think the module is safe. But i wish someone could try it out with more load. (and more vhosts!!)

PS: This morning i received an email from a guy who couldnt load the module (my bad...), the doc stated that you should use a wrong LoadModule sentence... corrected this morning.
PS2: A little "bug" (not really).. if you kill all httpd process, the /tmp/apachebw dir wont be freed, so it's possible you could get some troubles on the next restart. Next version will have a cleanup procedure.

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.