Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Warron French <wf...@xtria.com> on 2004/12/09 17:27:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirecting

Hello all:

How do I redirect a request for this URL  http://ehs.xtria.com/index.cgi    from a client to this one,
http://ehs.xtria.com/ .

I have an index.html and not an index.cgi in the DocumentRoot for this site now, and we are trying to find a way to redirect client requests as such.

I have the following in my conf file..

Redirect gone /index.cgi http://ehs.xtria.com/index.html

Now, remember... the file index.cgi did exist and now the index.html file does exist and they were/are in the same directory on the same server.

I read the help pages but I guess I am approaching this all wrong.

This should be something really simple, but it's not working for me.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC
8045 Leesburg Pike #400
Vienna, VA 22182
Desk: 703-821-6110
Main: 703-821-6000
Fax:  703-827-0374

Re: [users@httpd] Redirecting

Posted by Tim Burden <ti...@burden.ca>.
What happens, what should happen, and does anything show up in the
error_log?