Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Andy Brook <ja...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/15 11:10:49 UTC

Problems connecting to ldap.google.com via Directory

Hi,
Connecting to google workspaces via ldap has been on my todo list for a
while.  Have just tried with 2.0M17 but without success.  I have imported
google ldap cert into cacerts:

Owner: ST=California, C=US, OU=GSuite, CN=LDAP Client, L=Mountain View,
O=Google Inc.
Issuer: ST=California, C=US, OU=GSuite, CN=LDAP Client, L=Mountain View,
O=Google Inc.
Serial number: 1847ac30780
Valid from: Tue Nov 15 10:08:32 GMT 2022 until: Fri Nov 14 10:08:32 GMT 2025

If validated the service from the google docs (
https://support.google.com/a/answer/9190869), the openssl command returns
as expected with "Verify return code: 0 (ok)"

I have created google ldap client (with all access permissions) and access
creds : https://support.google.com/a/answer/9048541#generate-access-codes
and put this in the Directory "Authentication" params  for Simple Auth,
"Check Authentication" generates "ERR_04169_RESPONSE_QUEUE_EMPTIED" that
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2337 indicates is a symptom
rather than cause, the fuller stack just indicates timeout.

I can't seem to authenticate, so can't get to even Fetch Base DN's etc.

Anyone trod this path before?!  Any pointers?  My end goal is establish a
connection from Java, Directory Studio connectivity is the litmus test!

Thanks for any replies!
Andy

Re: Problems connecting to ldap.google.com via Directory

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

can you provide the code you are using ?

--
*Emmanuel Lécharny - CTO* 205 Promenade des Anglais – 06200 NICE
T. +33 (0)4 89 97 36 50

Re: Problems connecting to ldap.google.com via Directory

Posted by Andy Brook <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have since been able to setup stunnel4 using the cert+key files from the
google ldap client and connected from Directory Studio without
authentication to get to Fetch DN's part/retrieve data, but how to use
Directory Studio alone for this?

--
Andy Brook