Posted to user@commons.apache.org by James Norman <ja...@perceptive.com> on 2003/06/18 21:21:37 UTC

EL

I was wondering if anyone has a target time frame that a beta of EL will
be released.  We are currently using the ELEvaluator from the JSTL in a
project.  We are coming up on a refactoring of this project and I would
like to switch to the commons EL that is independent from the
standard.jar.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
james

Re: EL

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
i'm not directly involved with EL so i can't comment about it's stability.

the component is still under development by the same team just here in the
commons rather than in the taglibs subproject. if you have access to cvs
(or are willing to spend time working through the classes with viewCVS)
then it should be easy to find out the development which has been done
since the codebase was transfered here.

commons-El-1.0 has recently been released so i would recommend that you
use the released version rather than the latest nightly.

- robert

Re: EL

Posted by James Norman <ja...@perceptive.com>.

Re: EL