Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Mass Dosage <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/26 12:25:45 UTC

failing tests on master

Hello all,

For the past week or so I've noticed failing builds on a local checkout of
master.

I have raised an issue here:

https://github.com/apache/iceberg/issues/1113

(there was initially one failing test, there are now two)

Someone else raised a similar issue with one of the same failing tests and
then another one:

https://github.com/apache/iceberg/issues/1116

What can we do in order to get these 3 failing tests resolved? I think the
first step should be to get the Travis build to fail on them so it's clear
to everyone that there is a problem here and a failing master build should
be #1 priority to resolve. Perhaps the Travis build could be changed to use
a different timezone? I generally recommend using a timezone, charset etc.
in the CI system that is different to whatever most of the developers have
as their default in order to catch these kinds of issues.

This is making it really hard to develop with confidence as one can't tell
whether failing tests are due to changes I am making or not.

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: failing tests on master

Posted by Mass Dosage <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I merged them into our branches this afternoon and can confirm that
the tests now pass. Thanks!

Re: failing tests on master

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

--