Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@bnf.fr on 2012/03/09 09:33:54 UTC

RE Jetspeed 2 2.2 - Jetspeed Schema

Hello,

I had the same behavior. The infos are stored in jespeed database and in
ldap.
When you create a user through jetspeed it create the data in ldap and
database at the same moment.

If you just create the user in the ldap, the jetspeed database is not
synchronized.
Then you can try to create your user in jetspeed, but if you let the ldap
mode on, you will have an error Principal alredy exists in ldap.

The only solution I found in these case, is to run jetspeed in database
mode, and to create the user.
After, when you restart jetspeed in ldap mode and it works.

Seeing that, my first wish was that when jetspeed connects to ldap, it
imports all the users. I changed my opinion when I saw that in our ldap,
there more than 400,000 entries.
Now I suppose that a mechanism that synchronizes only users who connects
would be nice and more appropriate.

Cordialement,
Jérôme Dupont
Bibliothèque Nationale de France
Département des Systèmes d'Information
Tour T3 - Quai François Mauriac
75706 Paris Cedex 13
téléphone: 33 (0)1 53 79 45 40
e-mail: jerome.dupont@bnf.fr

|----------->
|           |
|           |
|           |
|           |
|           |
|----------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |  Message de : cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>                                                                                              |
  |                        08/03/2012 21:48                                                                                                    |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                Veuillez répondre à "Jetspeed Users List" <je...@portals.apache.org>                                |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                        Pour|
  |           jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                                       Copie|
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                       Objet|
  |           Jetspeed 2 2.2 - Jetspeed Schema                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Are there a latest Jetspeed Schema available to use for ApacheDS LDAP
1.5.5.
I've configured LDAP without Jetspeed Schema and it work so far.

But now that I've advance a little, i run into problem.  This might be
relate to Jetspeed Schema.

If i create a user in LDAP, apacheDS, i'm just going to get an account to
login Jetspeed and that's it.  All the role/groups and templates doesn't
create for this new user.  (even if I assigned the role and groups, it
doesn't not update to Jetspeed.  So even though, I set the role of the new
user to be admin role in LDAP, when i login as new user, i'm still only a
user and not admin.  To become admin, i have to manually add the role in
Jetspeed.

If this is not relate to Jetspeed Schema, please let me know how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Exposition  Miniatures flamandes  - jusqu'au 10 juin 2012 - BnF - François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.

Re: RE Jetspeed 2 2.2 - Jetspeed Schema

Posted by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>.
Thank for reply Jerome,

jerome.dupont wrote:

> [...]
>
> But now that I've advance a little, i run into problem.  This might be
> relate to Jetspeed Schema.
>
> If i create a user in LDAP, apacheDS, i'm just going to get an account to
> login Jetspeed and that's it.  All the role/groups and templates doesn't
> create for this new user.  (even if I assigned the role and groups, it
> doesn't not update to Jetspeed.  So even though, I set the role of the new
> user to be admin role in LDAP, when i login as new user, i'm still only a
> user and not admin.  To become admin, i have to manually add the role in
> Jetspeed.
>
> If this is not relate to Jetspeed Schema, please let me know how to do it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Exposition  Miniatures flamandes  - jusqu'au 10 juin 2012 - BnF -
> François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.

Posted by je...@bnf.fr.
I've tried again very rapidally, and finally

Without synchronizing everything at startup (tried but it din't work for
any configuration reason), I've seen that there is still synchronization
during login phase: (which is set in security-ldap.xml file, in
_LdapUserPasswordCredentialManagerImplInitializer2 bean)

When I log in with a an user in the portal, if it exists only in ldap it's
created during the login stage.
The roles the users have should also be synchronized, but not in my case
("not mapped", I shoud redo my security-ldap.xml file)

This is the log of sync process (user already existed in database, but it
doesn't change

12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.ldap.core.support.AbstractContextSource.createContext
():259] Got Ldap context on server
'ldap://duclos1:5555/ou=clients,dc=public,dc=bnf,dc=fr'
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.DefaultJetspeedSecuritySynchronizer.synchronizeUserPrincipal
():156] Synchronizing UserPrincipal(user_etablissement8@bnf.fr)
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.ldap.pool.validation.DefaultDirContextValidator.validateDirContext
():169] DirContext 'javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext@7e9bed' passed
validation.
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.DefaultJetspeedSecuritySynchronizer.synchronizeEntity
():189] Synchronizing entity user id: user_etablissement8@bnf.fr
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.ldap.pool.validation.DefaultDirContextValidator.validateDirContext
():169] DirContext 'javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext@1e3cabd' passed
validation.
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.ldap.control.AbstractRequestControlDirContextProcessor.preProcess
():102] Replacing already existing control in context:
javax.naming.ldap.PagedResultsControl@884cf2
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.ldap.pool.validation.DefaultDirContextValidator.validateDirContext
():169] DirContext 'javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext@7e9bed' passed
validation.
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.DefaultJetspeedSecuritySynchronizer.synchronizeEntity
():189] Synchronizing entity role id: partenaires_bibliotheque
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.handleExistingTransaction
():469] Participating in existing transaction
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.handleExistingTransaction
():469] Participating in existing transaction
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.DefaultJetspeedSecuritySynchronizer.synchronizeEntity
():290] Found role principal: partenaires_bibliotheque is not mapped
therefore not synchronized!
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.ldap.pool.validation.DefaultDirContextValidator.validateDirContext
():169] DirContext 'javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext@1e3cabd' passed
validation.
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.DefaultJetspeedSecuritySynchronizer.synchronizeEntity
():189] Synchronizing entity role id:
partenaires_moissonnage_gallica_partenaire
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.handleExistingTransaction
():469] Participating in existing transaction
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.handleExistingTransaction
():469] Participating in existing transaction
12.03.2012 14:59:07 DEBUG
[org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.DefaultJetspeedSecuritySynchronizer.synchronizeEntity
():290] Found role principal: partenaires_moissonnage_gallica_partenaire is
[...]
():375] Synchronized entity user id: user_etablissement8@bnf.fr mapped
attributes

Cordialement,
Jérôme Dupont
Bibliothèque Nationale de France
Département des Systèmes d'Information
Tour T3 - Quai François Mauriac
75706 Paris Cedex 13
téléphone: 33 (0)1 53 79 45 40
e-mail: jerome.dupont@bnf.fr

|----------->
|           |
|           |
|           |
|           |
|           |
|----------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |  Message de : cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>                                                                                              |
  |                        11/03/2012 00:29                                                                                                    |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                Veuillez répondre à "Jetspeed Users List" <je...@portals.apache.org>                                |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                        Pour|
  |           jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                                       Copie|
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                                       Objet|
  |           Re: RE Jetspeed 2 2.2 - Jetspeed Schema                                                                                          |
  |                                                                                                                                            |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I see, where would you change to sync from jetspeed to ldap ?

Vivek Kumar wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yes if you will change second argument from 'false' to 'true', it will
> synchronize all the user from ldap to jetpseed database at time of
> startup.
>

> Vivek
>
> On 03/10/2012 11:13 PM, cnguyen8 wrote:
>> Hi Woonsan,
>>
>> Are you suggesting to edit this line?
>>          <constructor-argindex="2"type="boolean"value="false"/>
>>          <constructor-argindex="2"type="boolean"value="true"/>
>>
>> I'm not following on how you would enable this.
>>

>> Woonsan Ko wrote:
>>> Hi Jérôme,
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if this helps but have you tried to turn on the
>>> synchronization option in security-ldap.xml?
>>> It seems like it has the undocumented option after 'synchronized all
>>> users
>>> ?' comment:
>>>
>>>    <!--
>>>      OnStartupSecuritySynchronizationBean will load the
guest user from
>>> LDAP, in-case its not in portal database
>>>      It would be required for loading default page.
>>>      This bean is wrapped in a ContextRefreshableBeanInitializer to
>>> kickstart it once the complete Spring context is initialized.
>>>     -->

<beanid="_ldapOnStartupSecuritySynchronizer"class="org.apache.jetspeed.components.ContextRefreshableBeanInitializer">

>>>      <metakey="j2:cat"value="ldapSecurity"/>
>>>      <constructor-arg>

<beanclass="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.OnStartupSecuritySynchronizationBean">

<constructor-argindex="0"ref="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.JetspeedSecuritySynchronizer"/>

<constructor-argindex="1"ref="org.apache.jetspeed.security.UserManager"/>

Posted by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>.