Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com> on 2009/01/05 16:34:15 UTC

Push event using AJAX from server to client

Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

Has anyone played with AJAX push events? I would like to send a simple notification message (generated on the server via clicking a button) to client browsers... I am not even sure how to begin or if Tapestry can facilitate it.

Thanks for your help,
Peter

Re: Push event using AJAX from server to client

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
DWR provides reverse ajax which will do what you want. See the reverse ajax
clock or chat examples in the war which can be downloaded from
http://directwebremoting.org/dwr/download

Cheers,
Lance.