Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ja...@cps.pf on 2001/07/26 00:40:12 UTC

Réf. : RE: Dynamically Generate PDF

We are using  http://www.lowagie.com/iText/ and it work great !

> I've tried to do this with jsp (without succes), but with a
> servlet it can be done quite easy:
>    Use tex->dvi->ps->pdf (where tex is a TeX document, (LaTeX))
>    (maybe it can be done even easier...)
> If someone knows how i could do this with jsp, (read tex with
> taglibs) i'm eager to know it)

This is a restrictive option.  It's much better to use one of the
many XML/XSL based packages and generate from there.  In this way
you can extend the document definitions as needed which with TeX/LaTeX
is possible but not the preferable solution in my book.

Commercial
PageLayout - http://www.sitraka.com

Open Source
iText - http://www.lowagie.com/iText/