Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Ed Keen <ed...@interactiveportal.com> on 2001/05/30 22:57:08 UTC

using wsdl -- prob. with serializing return parameter

I am successfully able to now send a soap request from an MS soap client to
an EJB.  But when apache tries to send my String result back from the call,
I get the following fault returned:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server;
msg=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
No Serializer found to serialize a 'org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter' using
encoding style 'null'.] at

org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider.invoke(StatelessEJBProvider.j
ava:205) at

org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.java:26
7) at
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:775) ....

I have specified my parameter type mapping in the deployment descriptor.  Do
I need to specify the return type also?  If so, how is that done?

Thanks,
Ed