Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Octavian Covalschi <oc...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/04 16:56:56 UTC

Taste + filters

Hi there.

I'm working on a small project that is using taste for user based
recommendations. We were able to integrate MongoDb with it using
MongoDBDataModel instead of file feeds. Results are pretty good in our
opinion, however we'd like to go further and add some kind of filters, to
have even more relevant results. For example each item may have some
attributes and we'd like to use them part of results... I don't want to
apply filters after getting results from taste since we may end up by
excluding all of them, which will make us querying taste again, if that
makes sense...

So, is there anything out of the box that could help us? Or we'll have to
tweak out datamodel in order to accomplish that?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Re: Taste + filters

Posted by Octavian Covalschi <oc...@gmail.com>.
The project is at it's early stages... so far we have only 100 users and
2000 items.. so nothing to show right now.

Re: Taste + filters

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

Re: Taste + filters

Posted by Octavian Covalschi <oc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Taste + filters

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.

Re: Taste + filters

Posted by Octavian Covalschi <oc...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, it looks like it's what I need, I'll read further.

Thanks!

Re: Taste + filters

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.