Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2002/07/31 22:25:00 UTC

error starting webapp

Hi,

I have succesfully deployed a webapp within tomcat using the
catalina.ant.DeployTask.  However, the webapp isn't and can't be started.  from
manager/list:

/cbserver:stopped:0:D:\java\jwsdp-1.0\work\Standard
Engine\localhost\manager\cbserver.war

When I run the manager/start command from the ant task, I recieve this message:

FAIL - Application at context path /cbserver could not be started

I've tried increasing debug levels and I've checked the log files for reasons
why the webapp wont start but can't find any error messages. Where should I look
for error messages? what do I need to configure to recieve error logging for
errant webapps?

thanks
Nathan

Re: error starting webapp

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
answered myself :)

added this tag to webapp context within server.xml

           <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" debug="4"
verbosity="4" prefix="localhost_cbserver_log." directory="logs" timestamp="true"
suffix=".txt"/>