Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Pierre Delisle <Pi...@Sun.COM> on 2004/11/30 19:58:39 UTC

Re: problem with fmt:formatDate

I'm going through a long backlog of emails, sorry for jumping in
so late...

This relates to quite a few postings where people had 'issues' with
the way the JSTL specification currently defines certain behaviors.

As Felipe already mentioned, the JSP, JSTL, and JSF Expert Groups
(those who write the specifications) are trying hard to be as
transparent as possible so the public knows what they are working on,
and to engage the community in helping define the future of these
technologies.

To achieve this goal of transparency, these Expert Groups have the
following projects at java.net:

    JSP:   https://jsp-spec-public.dev.java.net/
    JSTL:  https://jstl-spec-public.dev.java.net/
    FACES: https://javaserverfaces-spec-public.dev.java.net/

These projects provide information on the work being performed on the
specs, as well as provide mailing lists to comment and discuss spec
related issues. There is also an "issue tracker" tool in each one of
these projects to track the various issues associated with the specs.

So... if you have an itch with any of these specs, you can definitely
scratch it and make sure the EG pays attention. Providing well
documented use cases underlying the issues being submitted will
definitely ensure a higher probability of success for the issue
to be addressed promptly by the Expert Groups.

So don't be shy, please leverage the tools offered by the Expert
Groups to voice your opinion.

    -- Pierre (co-spec lead of JSP and JSTL)