Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Daly <da...@ctc.com> on 2005/12/08 00:37:55 UTC

Permissions issues

All:

I'm noticing something else strange.  I'm attempting to bring up a web
application using the Security Manager.  I have the following coming up
in my catalina.out log:

access: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission getClassLoader)

Yet, I have the following in my catalina.policy file:

  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "getClassLoader";

I have a few other permissions that are being skipped over as well.  I
verified that the catalina.policy file is being read because various
other permissions work for this web application (like writing out a log
file using log4j).

Has anyone else noticed this strange behavior?

Thanks.