Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Richard Sweeney <Ri...@spanlink.co.uk> on 2002/10/15 18:01:16 UTC

NoSuchMethodError when creating Driver with SilverStream

I'm using SilverStream and am attempting to instaniate the Driver with the
following:

Driver driver = new Driver();

however when I try this I get the following:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.getParserClassName(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping.setupSVG(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping.addToBuilder(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.addElementMapping(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.addElementMapping(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.setupDefaultMappings(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Unknown Source)

Can someone let me know what is causing this error as I have tried the same
using Tomcat 4.0.3 and have not encountered any problems.

Thanks.

Re: NoSuchMethodError when creating Driver with SilverStream

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Richard Sweeney wrote:
> I'm using SilverStream and am attempting to instaniate the Driver with the
> following:
>
> Driver driver = new Driver();
>
> however when I try this I get the following:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>         at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.getParserClassName(Unknown Source)

This looks like there is an old/incompatible XML parser library
in the classpath which does not support SAX2, as you already
suspected. Ask the SilverStream customer support for help.

You can also try to disable the JIC temporarily so that you get
the line number rather than "Unknown Source". Also look hard
whether you can spot which method is actually missing (should
be SAXParser.getXMLReader())

J.Pietschmann