Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gerry Duprey <gd...@Schools-OPEN.com> on 2004/02/13 23:22:49 UTC

Using $link multiple times in a page

Howdy,

This may seem silly, but I didn't see anything about it on the page where
$link is discussed.

If I have a page with actions, URL links, etc, and the $link variable seems to
accumulate all the various setTemplate/setAction/etc before it.  So by the
third or fourth time I use it, I have a pile of extra "debris" around it.

For example, if I have a form and set the action with a $link.setAction(...)
and later have a URL link (not related to the form) where I use
$link.setTemplate(...), the resulting URL has the template and an action
encoded into it (which causes execution to go through the action when it
shouldn't.

Is there some way to reset the $link back to it's original state?  Or, lacking
that, is there a way to "clone" it multiple times so each "instance" can have
it's own context?

Thanks!

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey
SchoolsOPEN, LLC

Visit us Online at www.Schools-OPEN.com

RE: MerlinComponentService with turbin2.4

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Dieter,

The MerlinComponentService is a work in progress..  I updated T2.4 to use it
a bit prematurely, and have now backed out the changes, however, I think I
missed a couple changes...

Please rebuild from CVS.  And let me know any challenges you run into..

Eric

RE: Using $link multiple times in a page

Posted by David Demner <tu...@demner.com>.
Gerry-

Very true; you have to be careful when you use $link with #set.

However, if you just print it out without setting it to a variable, it
implicitly calls the toString() method:

$link.setPage("Foo.vm")

Also,

#set($url = $link.setPage("Foo.vm"))