Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Sethuraman, Nirmala (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <ni...@nsn.com> on 2009/10/27 10:01:33 UTC

Properties file in Maven

Hi

I am a new user of Maven. I have been looking for using external
property files in Maven. However I couldn't find any.
Does maven provide this option (like ANT) for using an external property
file?

Best Regards
Nirmala

Re: Properties file in Maven

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
No, not in core Maven. However, I found this plugin:
http://haroon.sis.utoronto.ca/zarar/properties-maven-plugin/

However, if you want to use properties in resource files the resource plugin
can handle external files when doing the filtering:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/index.html

/Anders