Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Holger Flörke <fl...@doctronic.de> on 2002/01/25 11:17:58 UTC

Creating DOM Level2 - Xerces-C

I use the double feature Xerces-C 1.6.0 and Xalan-C 1.3. When I construct a
Xerces-C DOM and tell Xalan-C to transform it, I get an errror related to
namespaces.

The Xalan-C people mentioned I have to create a DOM Level2. MMh. How do I
do this? I use "DOM_Document::createDocument()" to create a DOM_Document
and add many Elements, Attributes with "createElementNS(...)" and
"createAttributeNS(...)". Is there a special switch to turn on DOM Level 2?
How can I test whether my DOM_Document is DOM Level2 or Level1?

TIA

HolgeR

--
holger floerke                     d  o  c  t  r  o  n  i  c
email floerke@doctronic.de         information publishing + retrieval

Re: Creating DOM Level2 - Xerces-C

Posted by Holger Flörke <fl...@doctronic.de>.
Anybody know a function to test whether a DOM is Level2 or nor?

Xalan people wrote:
>You must create the DOM using the DOM level 2 APIs, so all namespaces are
>correct.  For example, an attribute which declares an XML namespace _must_
>have the appropriate namespace URI for the prefix "xmlns".  You might want
>to put a sample document through the DOM parser, with namespace processing
>turned on, just to see what the attributes and elements look like.
>
>If you're document _has_ been created properly, then please create a bug
>and attach a _minimal_ code sample so we can reproduce and diagnose the
>problem.

And my previous mail: