Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jack L <jl...@yahoo.ca> on 2007/03/08 03:20:43 UTC

Re[2]: Solr and Multiple Index Partitions

Selecting by type will do the job. But I suppose it sacrifice
performance because having multiple document types in the same
index will render a larger index. Is it bad?

--
Best regards,
Jack

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Re[2]: Solr and Multiple Index Partitions

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 7, 2007, at 9:20 PM, Jack L wrote:
> Selecting by type will do the job. But I suppose it sacrifice
> performance because having multiple document types in the same
> index will render a larger index. Is it bad?

A many documents we talking here?

My hunch is you'll be fine :)

	Erik