Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by dl...@rockwellcollins.com on 2013/10/03 21:02:44 UTC

Programatically determine revision of commit

Hi,

We're attempting to write some scripts to perform automatic commits for
certain files under certain conditions.  We wish to use the just committed
revision number to perform some other logging operation.  The --xml
command line option on many of the other commands (info, status, etc.) are
fantastic, but the commit command does not allow this.

I'm currently attempting to parse the standard output of the commit
message to grab it, but feel this is less than optima as it seems very
error prone.

Is there any consideration to add an --xml option to the commit command
output or a better programmatic means to grab the commit revision?

c:\Project_files\sandbox_v2>svn commit 1.txt -m "Checkin message".
Sending        1.txt
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 3272.

c:\Project_files\sandbox_v2>