Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Moritz Gmelin <mo...@gmx.de> on 2009/06/04 16:55:27 UTC

assets caching T5.1

Hi,

after updateing our application to T5.1 I was hoping for noticeable
accelleration in loading of pages. However while checking the log
output I can see that all the assets are requested from the browser on
every loading of a page for example I can see this

INFO: Request time: 0 ms, page:/assets/tapestry/5.1.0.5/corelib/
components/sort-asc.png, free Memory:69704936 b, language = de_DE

everytime I go to a page that contains a table with those sorting
icons. And many other assets that do not really need to be re-loaded.
I already set the tapestry.app-version property in my AppModule.

The application is run on a TOMCAT server behind an apache Web-Server.

What else do I need to do to prevent this?

M.

Re: assets caching T5.1

Posted by Moritz Gmelin <mo...@gmx.de>.
You're

Looks like my WebKit browser  is the reason.

Safari 4 and Firefox 3 do not show this behaviour. I know that Safari
is a WebKit based browser but I'm talking about the WebKit browser
itself.

Tracing the element loading in Safari 4 shows the far future expires
header as expected.
WebKit does not show this header and thus re-loads the asset on every
page hit.

M.

Re: assets caching T5.1

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Re: assets caching T5.1

Posted by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be>.

Moritz Gmelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after updateing our application to T5.1 I was hoping for noticeable
> accelleration in loading of pages. However while checking the log
> output I can see that all the assets are requested from the browser on
> every loading of a page for example I can see this
>
> INFO: Request time: 0 ms,
> page:/assets/tapestry/5.1.0.5/corelib/components/sort-asc.png, free
> Memory:69704936 b, language = de_DE
>
> everytime I go to a page that contains a table with those sorting
> icons. And many other assets that do not really need to be re-loaded.
> I already set the tapestry.app-version property in my AppModule.
>
> The application is run on a TOMCAT server behind an apache Web-Server.
>
> What else do I need to do to prevent this?
>
> M.

Joachim Van der Auwera
PROGS bvba, progs.be