Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rob Butler <rb...@chariotsolutions.com> on 2005/06/15 18:28:08 UTC

Dynamic forms w/ Jmeter

Hello all,

I am attempting to perf test a web app with jmeter, but I don't know how
to solve a particular issue I am running into.

One particular page in the app can return a dynamic number of rows of
data.  The number of rows is dependent upon the individual user's
information in a DB.  There is no way of knowing ahead of time how many
rows there are.

What I would like to do is capture (using regex's) the form data that is
returned in the response, and use that as the parameters to the next
request.

Using the Regular Expression Extractor I can easily get all the data and
field names as a list of capture groups.  The problem is, how do I then
dynamically build the parameters that will be used in the next request?
In the HTTP Request sampler I can put a field name, and use a dynamic
value, but that won't do what I need.  I need to use dynamic field names
and dynamic values in the request.  Is this possible?  How do I do it?

Thanks
Rob

Re: Dynamic forms w/ Jmeter

Posted by Rob Butler <rb...@chariotsolutions.com>.
I actually looked at that hoping I could some how through configuration
bend it to my will..  but, of course not.

Re: Dynamic forms w/ Jmeter

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Re: Dynamic forms w/ Jmeter

Posted by Rob Butler <rb...@chariotsolutions.com>.