Posted to users@camel.apache.org by zikas <eu...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/12 21:58:10 UTC

Amazon DynamoDB Support

Hi!
Does anyone have an experience with using camel-aws components as a
consumers?
I mean in the doc it's said that
The DynamoDB component supports storing and retrieving data from/to Amazon's
DynamoDB service.
but looking into source code I found only code for producer endpoint and
nothing for consumer

public Consumer createConsumer(Processor processor) throws Exception {
        throw new UnsupportedOperationException("You cannot receive messages
from this endpoint");
}

Could anyone advice what I'm doing wrong?

Re: Amazon DynamoDB Support

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi eugene,

I added ddb component some time ago. You are right, it doesn't have
consumer, because I couldn't identify good use cases for it: like polling
an entity or getting some callbacks from DynamoDB.
But many components have only a producer with operations for retrieving
data. That's also the case for ddb. You can have timer based consumer in
your route and use commands like BatchGetItems, GetItem, Query, Scan to
retrieve data from DDB

HTH
Bilgin