Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kirst Martin Wolfgang <MK...@PortolanCS.com> on 2007/07/16 08:40:05 UTC

isapi_redirect from IIS5 to tomcat 5.5 brings HTTP 404 - isapi_redirect.dll not found

Hi,

I'm trying to use IIS v5.00.3700.1000 with Tomcat 5.5.17
using isapi_redirect 1.2.23 and AJP13. But in the end I always
see an error page from tomcat:
"
 HTTP Status 404 - /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
 The requested resource (/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll) is not available
 Apache Tomcat/5.5.17
".

Setup:
 OS: Windows 2000 SP4.
 JAVA: v 1.6.0_u1 (jdk from SUN)
 There are multiple IPs on this mashine for one ethernet card.
 One IP is mapped to DNS portoweb.portolancs.com (195.127.36.18).
 There are multiple web sites hosted on this IIS, each mapped &
configured
 to one IP. The isapi_redirect.dll is only installed
 on this single IIS web site under properties -> isapi filters,
 that means _not global_ for all.

I was following this howto:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html
I googled around and found others with the same problem,
but no solution. I've checked all settings at least twice.
There was a hint, the the uri is mapped twice.
When reading the redirect-log.txt, it seems to be all fine,
mapping is working, AJP is working, but still an error page.

Whats wrong with this setup/configs?

My configs:

Registry:
---------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0]
"extension_uri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"
"log_file"="D:\\Tomcat\\logs\\isapi.log"
"log_level"="debug"
"worker_file"="D:\\Tomcat\\conf\\workers.properties"
"worker_mount_file"="D:\\Tomcat\\conf\\uriworkermap.properties"

uriworkermap.properties:
------------------------
/portoweb.portolancs.com/*=portoweb

workers.properties:
-------------------
worker.list = portoweb
worker.portoweb.type = ajp13
worker.portoweb.host = 127.0.0.1
worker.portoweb.port = 8009

Best regards
 Martin

Re: AW: isapi_redirect from IIS5 to tomcat 5.5 brings HTTP 404 - isapi_redirect.dll not found

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Thanks for reporting back your findings!

Posted by Kirst Martin Wolfgang <MK...@PortolanCS.com>.
Hi Bruno, and others!

> [...]

I was following this howto:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html
I googled around and found others with the same problem,
but no solution. I've checked all settings at least twice.
There was a hint, the the uri is mapped twice.
When reading the redirect-log.txt, it seems to be all fine,
mapping is working, AJP is working, but still an error page.

Whats wrong with this setup/configs?

My configs:

Registry:
---------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0]
"extension_uri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"
"log_file"="D:\\Tomcat\\logs\\isapi.log"
"log_level"="debug"
"worker_file"="D:\\Tomcat\\conf\\workers.properties"
"worker_mount_file"="D:\\Tomcat\\conf\\uriworkermap.properties"

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---