Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Giorgio Pea <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/29 16:22:37 UTC

Request for info about the status of the project

Hi guys!
Can I ask you what are the plans for the development and maintenance of
echarts given that the latest release was on march and the number of issues
for the project on GitHub is ridiculous?
Thank you! Have a nice day!
Giorgio

Re: Request for info about the status of the project

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
I'm afraid I cannot answer the question about how much time we plan to
dedicate to the project. But you may have some clue if you look into the
response time and fix time in GitHub issues [1].
Most of us contribute in our spare time. We would like to help, but
compared to a large number of users, which is over 38k as shown on GitHub
used-by component, we do have a limited number of contributors. And that
explains much about that issue number on GitHub.

Let's say it in this way. For example, if you have problems like how to use
ECharts to do something, this is most likely to get answered
(StackOverflow, GitHub issues and etc.). But if you have a specific new
feature to request, or very urgent bugs to report, based on our current
situation, you may get disappointed about the waiting time if you cannot
debug by yourself and the only thing you wish to do is to get it fixed by
someone else.

Hope that helps. :)

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/issues

Wenli