Posted to users@maven.apache.org by François-Xavier Busch <fx...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/22 18:39:40 UTC

pmd : how to use custom ruleset ?

Hi,

I try to use the pmd plugin for maven2 but it fails with the error  :

Embedded error: Failure executing PMD for: ... MyClass.java
Encountered "{ variable =" at line 13, column 3.
Was expecting one of:
    "abstract" ...
    "boolean" ...

My class looks like that :

public class MyClass extends AnOtherClass {
     {
         variable = someValue;
     }
}

I know this kind of code is not recommended but I need to keep it. So I
wonder how I can make it work without changing my code.
I try to use a custom ruleset to exclude the rule that seems to trigger the
error :

<rule ref="rulesets/design.xml">
  <exclude name="NonStaticInitializer"/>
</rule>